Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Last Day

June 8, 2011

Summer vacation is finally upon us after a long year of learning, bonding, growing {spiritually & physically}, and FUN! I have really enjoyed getting to know this bunch of 6th graders, and I feel truly blessed to have had the chance to be their teacher. Our last couple months of school we have been able to go on some fun field trips {Outdoor Ed., Walk About LA, and Beach Day} and I was able to grow even closer to my students, which makes it even harder to send them on to 7th grade. Of course, I had to take advantage of my last chance to snap some pictures of these kids as 6th graders.
Below is each 6th grade teacher with their homeroom class.

Top Row: Mrs. Koehnke, Brittany, Jordan, Korey, Josh, Kevin M., Nick, AJ, Kyle G., Aaron
Middle Row: Katie, Kyle Q., Andrew, Kevin G., Evan, Charlotte, Sarah
Bottom Row: Haley, Taylor, Kara, Emily 

Of course, a silly picture is a MUST ;)

6A: Top Row: Mrs. Klitzing, Matthew, Jacob, Brandon D., Cole, Hayden, Jake, Ken, Aaron, Adam, Kameron
Bottom Row: Angela, Kendell, Brittany, Ally, Zoey, Becky, and Ellie

Lookin' good, 6A

Mrs. Koehnke and her 6C boys

Now, the lovely ladies of 6C :)

Fun times!
6B: Top Row: Mrs. Mattoon, Madi, Ryan, Kristen, Cade, Emily, Scott
Middle Row: Brie, Noah, Nathan, Joh, Chris, George
Bottom Row: Madi, Alex, Anthony, Pierson, Jack, Garrett


Mrs. Mattoon and the 6B Boys

Oh, boys!

The girls of 6B {They were heavily out-numbered by the boys}

SAYING GOODBYE:

The last day was a half day, so it went by super fast. I did a good job of keeping it together up until the final class prayer. As my homeroom class {6C} and I bowed our heads to pray, I wanted to lift them up and thank God for each and every one of my special students and praise Him for our amazing school year. However, as soon as I began to verbalize this I was filled with emotion and I couldn't continue. The only thing I could get out was, "Can someone please take over?" and Josh Odle thoughtfully stepped in and finished the prayer for me. After that my students gave me a group hug!. :) What a special moment...a moment I won't forget. Happy summer everyone!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment